Music Banter - View Single Post - Last album you bought, downloaded or listened to
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2012, 02:19 PM   #17017 (permalink)
SATCHMO
Al Dente

Miles Davis - In a Silent Way
The often overlooked prelude to Davis' 1970 groundbeaking album Bitches Brew and considered by many the warning bell for the subsequent fusion revolution. It's such a nocturnal album really great for feeling inspired during the wee morning hours. The album is divided into 2 roughly 20 minute songs: Shhh/Peaceful and In a Silent Way/It's About That Time. Both songs strongly convey their title themes as well as the album's title as a whole. It's definitely a classic that doesn't get talked about as often as it should.

The Pharcyde - Bizarre RIde II the Pharcyde
Classic Bay area hip hop and one of the best hip hop albums of the 90's. I saw them live in Oregon about 10 years ago and they put on an amazing show. I'm pretty surprised that I never took the time to pick this up until recently.

Little Dragon - Ritual Union
I had read a review saying that the group had pushed their sound more toward an electro feel, so I had to check it out. It's decent. Nagano's vocals seem to lacking a bit in her trademark sensuality. I definitely enjoy their debut much more.

SBTRKT - S/T
I initially picked this up for the track Wildfire which features Little Dragon's Yukimi Nagano on vocals, but he whole album is a pretty solid dubstep/electro debut for SBTRKT and features some great guest talent.
SATCHMO is offline   Reply With Quote