Music Banter - View Single Post - The Walking Dead
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2012, 10:52 PM   #88 (permalink)
Freebase Dali
Partying on the inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonsubmissivewife View Post
Spoiler for :
Depending on what zombie "lore" you're going by, there doesn't always have to be a bite or scratch. In all of the original "...of the Dead" movies, corpses reanimate no matter what the cause of death was, and there are other examples which I can't recall right now. Usually they explain it as a virus or something like that, and I think even in the original "Night of the Living Dead" they mentioned something about radiation from Venus. It will be interesting though, to see how they will explain it in this story.
Spoiler for Hrrmm v2.0:
Like I just replied to Jans, it wouldn't be a game-changer. If the group realizes that (which should happen, since two folks just reanimated after being killed by other-than-zombie means), then they'd simply head-cap any regular ol' human they tried to kill.
We know that in the larger scope of things, the enemy is the dead, but these are all dead from the very nature of the zombie, which spreads the plague. If the disease is transmitted via bodily fluids PLUS airborne, then either everyone's f*cked, or people just need to do what they've been doing, and try not to die, which was the original agenda anyway.

I'm just wondering what the possible benefit could be to adding an infection method that only takes place after you're already dead. If it's just for the purpose of introducing a different lore, then I don't think that's going to bode well for the show.

Freebase Dali is offline   Reply With Quote