Music Banter - View Single Post - The Walking Dead
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2012, 11:08 PM   #90 (permalink)
NSW
Bigger and Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebase Dali View Post
Spoiler for Hrrmm v2.0:
Like I just replied to Jans, it wouldn't be a game-changer. If the group realizes that (which should happen, since two folks just reanimated after being killed by other-than-zombie means), then they'd simply head-cap any regular ol' human they tried to kill.
We know that in the larger scope of things, the enemy is the dead, but these are all dead from the very nature of the zombie, which spreads the plague. If the disease is transmitted via bodily fluids PLUS airborne, then either everyone's f*cked, or people just need to do what they've been doing, and try not to die, which was the original agenda anyway.

I'm just wondering what the possible benefit could be to adding an infection method that only takes place after you're already dead. If it's just for the purpose of introducing a different lore, then I don't think that's going to bode well for the show.

Spoiler for :
Yeah, I noticed your reply after I'd already replied. All these hidden posts are doing my head in!

I don't think it'll be a game changer, as far as the full scope of the story, and I don't know that there is even a point to them going that direction, other than just choosing to go with that version of zombie lore for no good reason. I like it just because NotLD is my fave, but also because it means they will be more aware of the human threat to their lives, not just the zombie one. It also made me wonder about a few past things, such as: Would Hershel's daughter have tried to commit suicide the way she did if she knew she'd come back as a zombie? I should hope not.

I think I see what you mean though, now that I'm re-reading your post. If they just go around popping everyone (living or dead) in the head, it doesn't really make for good action or story all the time.

I'm hoping that what little they learned at the CDC might become relevant later on in the story, and maybe give some insight as to what causes it, or perhaps even a cure.