Music Banter - View Single Post - The most 80's music videos of all time, and why they're awesome.
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2012, 02:47 PM   #1 (permalink)
GuitarBizarre
D-D-D-D-D-DROP THE BASS!

Default The most 80's music videos of all time, and why they're awesome.

In this thread, we post a music video, and explain why its the most 80's thing we've ever seen.

I'll lead off with this, from 1987 -

So why is this the most 80's thing I've ever seen? Easy.

1 - Perms. Ann and Nancy Wilson always had pretty epic hair, but in this video, its even more epic.
2 - Pointy guitars. That V that nancy is playing is a wet dream of 80's Carvin guitars. Its sexy, its pointy, it has a tiny body, and I want it.
3 - Weird guitars. The guitar with the metal tubes on it? Thats not a fake, as far as I can tell. I've seen similar things from 80's startup guitar companies before. Its a tribute to the fact those companies died so fast that they're entirely associated with the late 80's now.
4 - Guitars that aren't guitars. Look at the silver monstrosity that guy is playing. It has a PLASTIC DRIER HOSE ATTACHED TO IT. Its clearly made of cardboard and scraps. But I don't care. Its awesome.

But most of all, what makes this video so very 80s is the drummer. More particularly, the fact there are about 3 breaks where the video cuts to different shots of the drummer, in time with the tom hits in a drum fill.

Oh, and there's a shot of the drummer twirling his sticks. No 80's video is complete without it.
GuitarBizarre is offline   Reply With Quote