Music Banter - View Single Post - New Guitar
Thread: New Guitar
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2012, 07:04 PM   #57 (permalink)
blastingas10
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by RezZ View Post
99% of the pigeon holing that people/companies do with gear is bull****. Iron Maiden plays strats, SRV uses Marshell for clean Fender for Dirty...I mean it is what you make it. Dont listen to our advice to closely. Go to the store and make your mind up based on your own experience.

You may not love what you got and maybe not want it in 2 years but its part of the learning process. I have gone through a lot of money and gear finding what I want. Hell I have even had multiple guitars painted/rewired in my pursuit of a tone I liked. Let me tell you though when you find it you will be very happy, even though you will forever be searching for wsomething even better. Just dont let gear hunting and studying get in the way of practicing and getting better.
Very true advice. Especially this: "Just dont let gear hunting and studying get in the way of practicing and getting better".

Neither one of my guitars are very good, none of my equipment is very good. I've had the same guitar ever since I first started playing, so I've never let what you said become an issue. But now that I've got this new, better paying job I think it's time to reward myself.
blastingas10 is offline   Reply With Quote