Music Banter - View Single Post - Self Injury
Thread: Self Injury
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2012, 01:11 AM   #1 (permalink)
Peppermint4life
Music Addict

Default Self Injury

Through high school and even now, in college, a day does not go by that a student doesn't say that English class makes them want to cut their self, or a mildly unfortunate event has someone pantomiming running a razor over their wrist. I've done it on occasion myself. However, 17% of college students actually do harm them self. Hell, I've done it before.

Over the past year, I've began to notice marks on some of my friends' arms. When I ask about them, in private, I'm usually met with silence or some type of subject changer. After a bit of talking, they usually confide in me. I have one friend who burns them self, two friends who cut them self.

What is your honest opinion of people with self injurious behavior? I've met people who have ridiculed these individuals, claiming its for attention. Others who have just called them freaks. Some just said they got their rocks off that way. Before my personal history with self injury, I was among some of those who ridiculed them.

So, again, how do you feel about people who perform self injurious behavior (SIB)? Have you ever done anything of the like? etc....

Just general discussion of the topic lol.
Peppermint4life is offline   Reply With Quote