Music Banter - View Single Post - Metal & Rock Music Recommendations
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2012, 08:41 PM   #1079 (permalink)
Travis_Bickle
Music Addict

I don't know about Be'lakor but I certainly wouldn't describe Kamlah as brutal. How familiar are you with melodic death metal?? I’m no expert but if you’re just getting into it some starting points would be Dark Tranquility, early In Flames, Insomnium, At the Gates, Eucharist, Desultory, Arch Enemy etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BastardofYoung View Post
I like Kill 'em All and thrash of that era... can still hear the Hardcore Punk influence a lot more. Moments on "Kill 'em All" like "Motorbreath" recall Misfits, which is no shock considering the influence they had on em.

Slayer's "Show No Mercy" was another, still had a bit of hardcore to it.

I am a Hardcore Punk fan, so I like hearing those early thrash records when it was in the transition period.
Yeah, I’m a much bigger metal fan but the amount of influence punk had on metal is huge.
My favourite hardcore punk album ever is “Hear Nothing See Nothing Say Nothing” and even that could somewhat easily be called a thrash, or at least proto-thrash album. Also Motorhead’s self-titled debut (and Maiden's for that matter) is pretty damn punk-ish.
I also love lots of crossover stuff like Cryptic Slaughter, D.R.I, Fearless Iranians From Hell and the mighty CARNIVORE!!

Last edited by Travis_Bickle; 03-14-2012 at 08:49 PM.
Travis_Bickle is offline   Reply With Quote