Music Banter - View Single Post - Family Guy vs. South Park
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2012, 11:38 PM   #451 (permalink)
Forward To Death
Trolier Than Thou

I could name about 20 shows off the top of my head that regurgitate less, and don't use like 50 cutaways to fill an episode.

Formula to Family Guy:

1. Copy characters from The Simpsons.

2. Increase the "hilarity" of said characters by emphasizing their problems. Seriously, Peter is a fatter, dumber version of Homer, Meg is an even more misunderstood version of Lisa, Lois is a more obnoxious version of Marge. For god's sake there's even a dorky kid with glasses who likes Meg.

3. Copy some storyline you saw in South Park or The Simpsons, usually the latter, and insert as many random cutaways or general filler to kill time as possible. These may include Conway Twitty, Peter fighting a chicken, guys sitting around reading newspapers going "AHEM" for 2 minutes, or simple "Hey remember the time when we did (activity) with (famous celebrity)" *plays clip of that, sometimes with Peter presenting it, or even sometimes there won't be a clip*.

Whats funny is that they've started to incorporate those things into cutaways or would-be cutaways, and this displays that they even know they're running dry on material.

So with that, you rinse and repeat for 22 minutes.

I could name any show, but you'll just say it isn't as funny or whatever. I think SP, The Simpsons, King of the Hill, Beavis and Butthead, Futurama, Superjail, Squidbillies, Metalocolypse and Archer are all better than FG's recycled crap. You're entitled to your opinion, but to call other shows repetitive while you watch Family Guy is laughable.

I can state as a matter-of-fact that there is no show that is as redundant as FG on right now.
Forward To Death is offline   Reply With Quote