Music Banter - View Single Post - The Playlist of Life --- Trollheart's resurrected Journal
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2012, 06:36 AM   #1034 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Although we comprehensively covered Gary Moore on the recent anniversary special, no week celebrating Irish music should finish without a mention of perhaps one of the greatest rock bands ever to come out of Ireland. Here is just a small selection of music from Phil and the boys.

From the “Jailbreak” album, here's the title track

as well as the obvious inclusion...

Moving on to “Johnny the Fox”, we have “Don't believe a word” of course

“Johnny the Fox meets Jimmy the Weed”

and “Fool's gold”.

From “Bad reputation” we're taking “Soldier of fortune”

the title track of course

and we could hardly leave out “Dancing in the moonlight”, now could we?

That takes us to “Black rose”, and as we've already reviewed this album, we'll just take “Waitin' for an alibi”, and move on

to “Chinatown”, which I was personally very disappointed with, and consider to have only the two good tracks, these being of course the title track

and “Killer on the loose”.

This album, on the other hand, I love. Here's “Angel of death” --- yeah, I know we've featured it before, but come on, it's a killer track, yes?

Then the title track is really cool

and I just love “Leave this town”.

And so we come to the final Lizzy album (studio, at any rate), which we have again reviewed already, so we'll just grab two tracks off it, ones that perhaps we overlooked in the review in favour of the stronger ones. This is “The holy war”

and this is “Baby please don't go.”

A small tribute then, on the last day of our Irish Week, to a band who rewrote Irish rock history and joined such giants as Gallagher, Morrison and U2 in showing the world what Ireland has to offer. Every Irish band the came after them owes them a debt of gratitude, whether they realise it or not.