Music Banter - View Single Post - New Guitar
Thread: New Guitar
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2012, 07:49 AM   #60 (permalink)
mr dave
nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peppermint4life View Post
I've made it my special rule to keep my equipment at the same level. No sense in getting an epic guitar if the amp is garbage. Maybe you should treat yourself to an amp in the nearby future, too.

And this might sound incredibly racist, but I have never seen a black person who enjoys Nirvana. :/
HAHAHA yeah that image threw me off but whatever.

As far as amps / epic guitars go. Here's the rule of thumb

A crappy guitar going through a good amp will sound infinitely better than a good guitar going through a crappy amp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RezZ View Post
I mean it is what you make it. Dont listen to our advice to closely. Go to the store and make your mind up based on your own experience.

You may not love what you got and maybe not want it in 2 years but its part of the learning process.
Agreed. Playing music shouldn't be a temporary hobby. It's a lifelong thing, you might take a break for a few weeks, maybe a hiatus for a few years, but you never really forget how to play once you've learned. You might have to bust off a bit of rust every now and again and regrow some callouses but whatever.

Also, advice and suggestions only count for so much, they're good spots to start searches for new sounds and tones but another rule of thumb to be recognized

Look down at then end of your arms. 99% of your tone comes from those hands. Nothing else.

Speaking of rules of thumbs... and how much thumbs rule...

THUMB!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandteacher1 View Post
I type whicked fast,
mr dave is offline   Reply With Quote