Music Banter - View Single Post - Stupid things you've done to attract the opposite sex
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2012, 03:15 PM   #151 (permalink)
Salami
Get in ma belly

Since she'll never read this, I think I can say it here. It's not particularly stupid, but on the other hand, it's probably the most emotion I've ever experienced and lead to one of the most awkward conversations I've ever had.
A few of you will have read what I wrote about this in the shoutbox, but I don't think I'll be as specific here for obvious reasons. Basically, I've known this girl all my life, and we found out recently that our interests are very similar, our personalities are really complimentary and we've always been pretty friendly. Anyway, about a month ago, I began to realise I was in love with her, but clearly I would never just tell her that. I decided that it would be a god idea to express my love for her through the medium of art, so I began sharing some of my earlier artwork with the ultimate intention of her seeing what I was trying to get at. Anyway, she asked me directly after a while to draw her, and I really put a huge amount of effort into it. It was going to be an absolute masterpiece, she would be over the moon about it - she would understand....

Anyway, I'd basically got her face drawn in front of possibly the most elaborate and intricate sunset I could imagine, and I met her the next day in the park to give it to her. Anyway, I certainly didn't know what to expect.
She looked at it and said something to the extent of "Aww, that's beautiful! I'm thrilled!" and gave me an incredibly sweet smile, and walked away. It was one of the most awkward moments of my life. A few chavs were sitting just a few yards away, and they were all looking at me really surprised.

But I've not been able to speak to her since. She appears to have dumped her current boyfriend, but I haven't a clue as to whether that's circumstantial or indeed anything to do with me. I don't know what's happening, I don't know what she's feeling like and I certainly don't know what to do.
Salami is offline   Reply With Quote