Music Banter - View Single Post - Stupid things you've done to attract the opposite sex
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2012, 03:58 PM   #154 (permalink)
Salami
Get in ma belly

Quote:
Originally Posted by These guys View Post
Don't beat around the bush. I've tried to hint that I liked a girl with art about a billion times and they either don't get it or they might suspect it but don't come to the conclusion that it's indeed about them. I mean, I'd feel pretty arrogant to assume a song or piece of artwork was about me, so why wouldn't a woman?

Just tell her man. Don't do it in some grand romantic way by candle light with music playing or any of that romantic comedy bs. Just be an a mature, confident adult and tell her, preferably face to face but by phone works well too, that you really like her and you'd love to get to know her better. You don't have to confess your longstanding love for her or anything.

I know this advice sounds run of the mill, but it really is the best thing to do. Unless you're about to go on a Hollywood style, whirlwind adventure through time and space with this girl, it's not necessary to make a big scene out of it. She probably already thinks you're incredibly sweet for drawing her the portrait.
Thanks a lot for this. Since I face no real life embarrassment from writing this I'm perfectly willing to admit I am confused and I don't really know what to do, since my only previous relationship might as well count for nothing.
I think what you said about not making too much of a fuss about things makes a lot of sense to me. I think if I was in her shoes, I'd feel a little bit intimidated about some "grand romantic encounter". I think the whole "be confident" sort of approach is not going to be easy for me at first because I'm a pretty introvert type, but it has the advantage of letting her know how I feel and me getting to know what she feels. If she really does like me, I'll find out pretty quickly, and if she doesn't then I'll also know.
Quote:
The one thing I'd be careful of is asking her too soon after she broke up with her boyfriend. I, personally, and I know woman who feel the same way, couldn't give two sharts about dating someone immediately after a break-up. However, some people need time to heal and in some cases may harbor a little resentment towards your sex .. so giving it a little bit may be of benefit so it's not too awkward.
This is also true. She has come out of a few very short relationships with some people who didn't get her at all, and I don't think deserved her. I do see a lot of what she says seems outwardly happy, but it doesn't take much to see that she's pretty upset with a lot of what's happened.
Quote:
Good luck man.
Aw, thanks Conan, I'm really encouraged by what you've written here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoathsomePete View Post
And if that doesn't work give her the warm, still-beating heart of an enemy. They say they don't like it but they do, makes them wet as October.
And thank you also for your advice :/
Salami is offline   Reply With Quote