Music Banter - View Single Post - Stupid things you've done to attract the opposite sex
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2012, 02:25 AM   #201 (permalink)
ThePhanastasio
Killed Laura Palmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RezZ View Post
I say it sometimes. If I get beaten in some way in anything in life I say "I got raped right there." Same thing as saying that is "gay", while not meaning 2 men making love.

I say people should accept what these words are also used for and not be so sensitive. If you spend your entire life trying to be politically correct about every thing especially words out of someone elses mouth then its your loss. Im sure someone will say or think horribly of what I have said but frankly I dont concern myself with it. If you cant be a realistic human being about it then your loss. Im jewish, when someone got cheated out of somehting and says
i got jewed out of that" or something of that sort I dont get mad. Its not an attack on my religion or me, its just a term ingrained in society usually used jokingly.

(when I say you I do not mean yourself Pete, just as a general You to the masses)
Amen. I think people are way too sensitive about words. I really have no issue with people saying things are "gay" around me, because I know it's not meant as a slur. There's a distinct difference between just saying, "I have to go to work at 6AM. Gay," and saying, "I hate gay people because I'm a homophobe!" Not that I've ever in my life heard anyone ACTUALLY say the latter. But you get the gist.

It's a hand-me-down, the thoughts are broken
Perhaps they're better left unsung
ThePhanastasio is offline   Reply With Quote