Music Banter - View Single Post - Music Theory Thread?
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2012, 12:15 PM   #30 (permalink)
KJones
Groupie

Hello. I am a guitar teacher at my city's First Assembly Church for a living. Any instrumentalist of any age and of any experience can learn to play music by ear or of any other means. You do not need theory to learn how to play a certain instrument, or to sing, that is why it is called MUSIC THEORY and not MUSIC LAW. Until music becomes I law I do not condone that people need to learn it in order to actually play or understand music.

With that aside. My main purpose of going to this forum was to discuss my passion of music and see other's relativity to my own. I did not come on here with music theory in mind, If anyone wanted to learn music theory they would not go to a forum like Music Banter which is generally well -- bantering about music, its genres, its styles, its people, its general application in today's society.

As for me, if I need anything I go to see my mentors, my colleagues, or teor&a to brush up on music, even though I have posted in one of the general music theory friends in the boards.
KJones is offline   Reply With Quote