Music Banter - View Single Post - So What Are We Drinking Tonight?
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2012, 04:23 PM   #2037 (permalink)
jackhammer
Ba and Be.

WTF?

My favourite beer is Carslberg Export. Relatively cheap but with a decent taste but after buying a load for the festival this weekend I just happened to notice that it didn't quite taste right and then noticed on the side of the can 4.8% vol. Eh? Are my eyes deceiving me? Apparently not:
British beer gets weaker- MSN Money
The whole reason I drink Export (apart from it's taste) is it's usual 5% vol because any beer below 5% just doesn't taste good to me and just doesn't 'hit' me at all.

Now I understand companies wanting to save money but you just can't make an inferior product and A) charge exactly the same amount (it has actually gone UP in price at Tesco's) and B) not inform customers of this. I am very pissed off as I brought some back with me and it tastes like all the other cack lagers now (Carling, Fosters etc).

Of course the government are as usual at the root of this and ripping companies who of course have to pass that off to consumers to absorb the hit. If it carries on like this I will have to get onto Special Brew (!) or cider which is currently £2.66 for 3L @ 5.3% vol and is actually damn good!

Please don't tell me I should be drinking spirits instead. Yes I SHOULD but I can't afford them and work far too many hours to function constantly.

Bollocks.

“A cynic by experience, a romantic by inclination and now a hero by necessity.”
jackhammer is offline   Reply With Quote