Music Banter - View Single Post - Race and intelligence
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2012, 07:15 PM   #5 (permalink)
midnight rain
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by These guys View Post
It's an interesting question and one that doesn't go without debate, but as there are no universally defined meanings of race or intelligence—it's also impossible to make any kind of definitive conclusions.
Definitely true on both counts. Even if it is true, it'd be impossible to prove because with whatever method you'd use to test, you'd have to account for test bias, environment that one grew up in (and the education they received), culture they were surrounded by, etc. Maybe in the future we'll have a computer that scans the brain and spits out a number that denotes intelligence, but for now it's pretty much impossible to determine.

I definitely think that it has potential to be true though that certain races are more intelligent at certain things than others, it's all how you measure that intelligence. The migration out of Africa, and the resulting differences in our makeup (while not vast) does show that we evolved differently.

Paloma's response to me only proved that some people are unwilling to discuss this kind of science without getting emotional (understandably). Which is why I'm deliberately going to avoid saying any one race is dumb (plus I don't think it's true; like you said intelligence can be measure in so many ways).
midnight rain is offline   Reply With Quote