Music Banter - View Single Post - David Thomas Broughton
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2012, 06:18 PM   #3 (permalink)
Lisnaholic
...here to hear...

Any opinions about The Complete Guide To Insufficiency from FAIR Album Club voters ?
Thanks to Jack Pat and These Guys, we can air our views here, so don`t be shy - even if DTB`s manager may be looking on !

EDIT: What I think of "Insufficiency":

The title and cover of this album are both intriguing; we are led to expect something out of the ordinary, and DTB doesn`t disappoint. This is a really strange album, not in the wordy, whimsical way I imagined it would be, but because it is a combination of simple, but sometimes sinister elements.

Execution and Ever Rotating Sky are good examples; we start off lulled by some gentle guitar strumming, but after a few off-beat lyrics we are lured into a long, hypnotic section with some strange accompaniment to keep us off balance. Is this music sophisticated or simple ? Is the song building up or fading out ? Everything seems to remain ambiguous in the magical, minimal world of David thomas Broughton.

Where you find these guys, Jack ?!

Last edited by Lisnaholic; 03-23-2012 at 08:02 AM.
Lisnaholic is offline   Reply With Quote