Music Banter - View Single Post - The Playlist of Life --- Trollheart's resurrected Journal
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2012, 06:05 AM   #1058 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

I spent a lot of my long-vanished youth either listening to music or watching TV, having no social life to speak of. These days it's pretty much the same, and I've noticed that there's quite a lot of decent music in television programmes, whether it's incidental music, opening or closing credits or themes. We've already done this a few times already, so here's another selection.

This is the great opening theme to “True Blood”, by Jace Everett.

Something I've only just recently got around to watching, and it's pretty good, is Showtime's “The Borgias”. This is the opening theme from it.

A favourite show from my youth, running again on the Challenge TV channel, it's “Blockbusters”.

And another of my favourite shows, hilarious at times, this is the theme to “Storage wars”. Anyone help me out? Is it “Not in all this town/Nothing owns this town” or what? I can never figure it out, and the fact that he says “You know what I'm talking about!” and I don't makes it all the more annoying!

One of the great recent cop shows, starring the incomparable Tom Selleck, this is the short opening theme to “Blue bloods”.

Something of a flop, another show that kind of wandered around in a circle a la “Heroes”, short but powerful and dramatic music though to “The Event”. Never found out what the event was...

THE quiz show from my youth, revamped for the twenty-first century, they take no nonsense and pull no punches on “Mastermind”! And your chosen subject is the Austro-Hungarian Empire, 1880-1894. Uh, yeah... Powerful, dramatic music though that left you in no doubt this was a serious show. “Have I got news for you” it's not!

And something that is NOT serious but IS hilarious is MTV's new mockumentary “Death Valley”. If you haven't seen it yet, catch it. If you like “Cops” style shows mixed with zombies and vampires, you gotta be there! With a huge chunk of almost “Airplane/Police Squad” deadpan humour thrown in. Class!

We all know this one!

And finish up with the theme to the Buffy spinoff, almost as successful and a show that made a star of David Boreanaz, of course it's Joss Whedon's “Angel”.