Music Banter - View Single Post - Game of Thrones (Song of Ice and Fire) The Fantasy Thread
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2012, 06:14 AM   #19 (permalink)
Unknown Soldier
Horribly Creative

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Monkey View Post
So what do you think about the theory that Jon Snow is not in fact Ned's bastard son, but the son of Prince Rhaegar Targayen and Ned's sister, Lyanna Stark. It's very popular among fans. As we all know, Rhaegar kidnapped Lyanna, which was the reason Robert started his rebellion in the first place, and her last words to Ned was "Promise me, Ned", which might be referring to keeping her son, Jon, safe.

It's also worth mentioning that three of the Kingsguard were with Lyanna when Ned and Howland Reed came to rescue her at the Tower of Joy. That they would be there instead of protecting Aerys II or Rhaegar can only be explained if the heir apparent (Jon Snow) was present with Lyanna.

The reason Ned lied about Jon was to keep him safe from Robert, who might have killed him if he found out, due to him being a potential threat to his claim of the throne.

This would also make Jon what is referenced in the title, as his is the Song of Ice (Stark) and Fire (Targayen).
This is really interesting stuff and wasn't aware of any of it. The only issue here though, is that in the TV series Jon Stark doesn't remotely look like a Targayen (not sure without looking back about his description in the first book what his description should be) I mention this, because of the issues with Cersei's children and their physical appearances. Also with Ned Stark having died, he was probably the only one who could give any truth to this theory, unless any remaining Kingsguard's had any knowledge.
If you can't deal with the fact that there are 6+ billion people in the world and none of them think exactly the same that's not my problem. Just deal with it yourself or make actual conversation. This isn't a court and I'm not some poet or prophet that needs everything I say to be analytically critiqued.
Metal Wars

Power Metal

Pounding Decibels- A Hard and Heavy History
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote