Music Banter - View Single Post - Tell everyone what you do for a living?
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2012, 07:47 PM   #46 (permalink)
CanwllCorfe
Quiet Man in the Corner

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoathsomePete View Post
Concrete forming, I would not recommend it.
Oh okay! So that is what you meant. I was never sure if the vernacular my dad uses was the real terminology or not, but I guess it is. We do that quite a bit! I usually didn't mind forming too much, since it wasn't too hard of a job. It could get annoying when trying to make everything level, but it's not as bad as when you have to pour the concrete. Especially if you have to do it by wheelbarrow. Even more so if you have to push that wheelbarrow up a hill. That was a bad day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvwubs View Post
Unless you enjoy working with industrial grade dildos.

I had a Job that involved pouring lots of concrete every mourning, and being i was the young guy, and the new guy, i always go stuck with the vibrator. I'd never felt so shafted.
We never used one of those before. I assume it was to get rid of the air bubbles? That's the only thing I can think of. It's hard to tell what it even is. The only electric equipment we used was a chop saw, a cement mixer, and sometimes a trowel machine (very rarely). Sometimes we rented a jackhammer, but my dad usually liked to save money so we almost always just stuck with a sledgehammer.

CanwllCorfe is offline   Reply With Quote