Music Banter - View Single Post - It's Black Metal Week!
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2012, 10:04 PM   #26 (permalink)
Travis_Bickle
Music Addict

What about bm newbies or other posters who haven’t had the chance to hear the sheer mastery of that song?

Anyhoo, I’ve always been a big fan of Polish bm, perhaps because members (guys like Rob Darken and Capricornus) are often involved with multiple groups. Graveland, Capricornus, Veles, Fullmoon, Infernum, early Behemoth, Ohtar, Dark Fury, Thor’s Hammer, Infernal War, Gontyna Kry, Lord of Evil/War 88 etc. are all decent.

I have more purchased releases of Graveland than any other artist in my music collection. I’m a big fan of both the raw, primitiveness of the early stuff and the newer Hammerheart-like sound but my favourite album is probably their transitional “Following the Voice of Blood”..

Melodic and majestic, yet raw and nasty bm. The Graveland influence is quite obvious here.

A shame only one full length was ever released, one of my favourite bm vocalists ever.

Infernal War have a different take going for a more directly chaotic, militant, punishing sound not that far away from an artist like Ad Hominem.

Fullmoon were also pretty great and took lots of influence from Graveland’s barbaric and almost medieval-ish sound. Forget the silly name, ‘United Aryan Evil’ is among the best demos of all time.

Travis_Bickle is offline   Reply With Quote