Music Banter - View Single Post - Tabletop Roleplaying Games and Board Games
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2012, 09:09 AM   #25 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr dave View Post
While I agree with this I don't think it's the only reason for comic book shop clerks to be a little apprehensive towards customers. A person who's got a backpack and who doesn't want help is a risk. I've seen myself hand over a backpack to plenty of clerks so I could browse their store without hassles and they could relax a bit and not worry about me stashing stuff. There's also the fact that most comic book / game shops make virtually no profit. One dude slipping a handful of reference manuals and game modules into their backpack can easily tank their entire month if not quarter.
If he'd asked me to leave my bag at the desk, it would have been fine. If he hadn't come off as such a prick right off the bat, I would have asked him to watch it while I browsed. But no, dick from the get go.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote