Music Banter - View Single Post - What's The Latest Film You Have Seen?
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2012, 08:46 AM   #11377 (permalink)
Howard the Duck
Live by the Sword

Quote:
Originally Posted by BastardofYoung View Post
5.5?

Blasphemy.

One of the great films in the genre.. Of course it will seem flat, considering it was only done for $110,000 in less than a month.

But yeah, suppose it is a love it or hate it film. But I found the performances by Rooker and Tom Towles to both be great.

As I say, I can forgive the flatness of the film when considering the budget and time it took to make the movie.

Strikes me as a film that probably had so much more in mind when it was written. But the limited budget made it impossible to fully see through. But personally I like the 16 mm format it used, gives it an almost home movie feel that gives it an extra kinda creepy factor that works in the movies favor.
that one is actually one of my fave horror movies and one of the few that really crept me out

i think it was meant to be "flat" to reflect the flatness of emotions of the main character, he's probably suffering from anhedonia

Malaise is THE dominant human predilection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Virgin View Post
what? i don't understand you. farming is for vegetables, not for meat. if ou disagree with a farming practice, you disagree on a vegetable. unless you have a different definition of farming.
Howard the Duck is offline   Reply With Quote