Music Banter - View Single Post - Our Lady Peace
Thread: Our Lady Peace
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2012, 09:46 AM   #10 (permalink)
BastardofYoung
Buzz Killjoy

Well, this is a nostalgia thread now for me.

Of course, being in Canada helps you know all the 90's alt-rock bands it spawned.

"Naveed" was one of the first CD's I bought. I believe the first 2 I got were "Naveed" and Headstones "Picture of Health". I know "Picture of Health" was the first CD I bought, believe "Naveed" was second... though it may have been Live's "Mental Jewelry" album.

Got "Clumsy" on cassette, remember my grandma gave me $10 and told me not to spend it on music... so I spent it on music.

But yeah, OLP are not one of my favorites, but i still have a soft spot for the first 2 albums, after that, not much of a fan. They got lamer and lamer in my opinion.

IME, I like "Dig" and "Scenery and Fish", the Edwin years... they got that newfie whose name I can not be bothered to remember, and I thought he sucked.

IME opened for Moist in 1996 as well, but on all dates but the one in my city, we got Ginger instead, and I was disappointed, cause Ginger kinda sucked.

Remember it was Moist/Ginger/By Divine Right.

But yeah, Canadian alt-rock.... probably still my favorite:

oh, and:

oh, and:

‎"I hope that someday we will be able to put away our fears and prejudices and just laugh at people." - Jack Handey.
BastardofYoung is offline   Reply With Quote