Music Banter - View Single Post - Tabletop Roleplaying Games and Board Games
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2012, 01:28 PM   #28 (permalink)
LoathsomePete
Cardboard Box Realtor

It's really not, the only thing you need are your dice and the rule book. Almost all the games have some kind of supplementary books to accompany the game, but you don't really need them unless you really want to expand on what you can do. Check out used bookstores for old rule books, I managed to score Mage: The Awakening and Werewolf: The Forsaken for $16 together. If I were to go to a new bookstore that sold them, each of them would have been somewhere around $35-40 U.S. apiece. You can also find some good deals on Amazon or half.com. If you're thinking of going the D&D route, I'd recommend checking out the game Pathfinder which fixes a lot of the problems with 3rd, 3.5, and 4th edition while also giving you the Player's Handbook, Monster Manual, and Dungeon Master's Guide all in one giant tomb. I wouldn't even bother with 4th edition because they're going to be releasing a new one within the next year or so, so no point in wasting your money. Also, if you don't mind PDF's, you can find downloads (both legal and illegal) to help save you money.
LoathsomePete is offline   Reply With Quote