Music Banter - View Single Post - The Playlist of Life --- Trollheart's resurrected Journal
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2012, 04:38 PM   #1070 (permalink)
Unknown Soldier
Horribly Creative

Page 8

Fleetwood Mac
- After 8 pages I now know that you're a big fan of certain band's later albums that a lot of people often see as weaker efforts and this Fleetwood Mac effort falls into that category. Fleetwood Mac I love with a passion and Lindsey Buckingham has always been a musical hero of mine, so any Mac album without him on post-1975 gets a big thumbs down from me Behind the Mask is not a bad album it just lacks Lindsey and without him the heart and soul of the band are not really there. Billy Burnette and Rick Vito did a decent job on the album, but neither of these two could find the spark that was needed. The following album was also average but things got back to normal when Lindsey returned on Say You Will which is a very good album. Do you know Lindsey's solo discography? As his second album Go Insane is Lindsey at his best.

Millenium- I don't know this band but I'm very interested in giving them a listen.

Mostly Autumn- I've not heard too much of their stuff, but seeing this has now reminded me to give them a listen.

Peter Gabriel- Hahaha I think Us is a very average album also and doesn't come near the quality of the two albums either side of it So and Up, but admittedly I last heard this album about 10 years ago!!! when I listen to Gabriel these days, it still tends to be his Genesis stuff and his first four solo albums.

Pink Floyd- Now Division Bell is a great album and I was happy for Gilmour, Wright and Mason, because they demonstrated that they really could produce a great album without Roger Waters, their previous effort A Momentary Lapse of Reason showed that without Waters they weren't really capable, but Division Bell is the business and their best post-The Wall release without a doubt. BTW I was always a fan of Richard Wright and know he often took a confidence battering from Roger Waters.

Ric Ocasek-Now I know his solo stuff really well, Beautitude was always a slow plodding synth based effort with very few highlights, its best track "Jimmy Jimmy" was part of the Heartbeat City tour and always seemed even more polished and speeded up on that tour set, there are some other nice tunes as well, but the whole thing still gets the thumbs down from me and the best thing about the album is actually its name, its such an Ocasek word

Now This Side of Paradise is a different kettle of fish altogether. It's almost like a Heartbeat City pt.2 and stand's as Ocasek's finest solo release, its full of Ocasek classics and most of the songs on here would have gotten on any great Cars album, what's great about this album is the ambient feel it has and Ocasek has got that spot on, on this release. I love the tracks "Look in Your Eyes" which actually features Ben Orr and the final two tracks on the album are what actually elevate the whole thing to classic status "Hello Darkness" written with Greg Hawkes and "This Side of Paradise" the album closer.

That's all I've got time for now, but next time page 9 and more Ric Ocasek and maybe pt.2 of the NWOBHM.
If you can't deal with the fact that there are 6+ billion people in the world and none of them think exactly the same that's not my problem. Just deal with it yourself or make actual conversation. This isn't a court and I'm not some poet or prophet that needs everything I say to be analytically critiqued.
Metal Wars

Power Metal

Pounding Decibels- A Hard and Heavy History
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote