Music Banter - View Single Post - The most 80's music videos of all time, and why they're awesome.
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2012, 01:45 AM   #49 (permalink)
Unknown Soldier
Horribly Creative

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayshreddz View Post
that makes absolutely no sense to me.
what ever happened to loving music because you love the way it sounds? why do you have to love something because it sounds so embarrassing that its a character?
it's like those people who love really bad and cheesy movies because they're really really bad. it's hipster mentality. they will think something new is bad but they won't like it because it's not "cool" to like it.
i think the same thing is going on here.
I love 80's music and I love most of these 80's videos as well, I grew up in the 80's and this was the video age and when MTV really kicked off. There was nothing cheesy about a lot of these videos at the time, as artists were exploring a new media form to advertise their sound and image and show just how artistic they can be. Its only over the last decade or so, that people look back in hindsight and say how cheesy these videos are. In the next 20 years or so, there is a chance that people will be looking back and saying how cheesy today's videos are as well.

The actual point of this thread, is that some people are nostalgic with their music and this is a chance to revisit their musical past.

B-movies are great, because as said they are unintentionally funny to watch and enjoy.
If you can't deal with the fact that there are 6+ billion people in the world and none of them think exactly the same that's not my problem. Just deal with it yourself or make actual conversation. This isn't a court and I'm not some poet or prophet that needs everything I say to be analytically critiqued.
Metal Wars

Power Metal

Pounding Decibels- A Hard and Heavy History
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote