Music Banter - View Single Post - Race and intelligence
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2012, 06:08 PM   #56 (permalink)
hip hop bunny hop
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by tore View Post
My problem with it is people using that knowledge responsibly. I don't think it's right to rank people's worth by how well they can score IQ tests and I would not like people to apply that kind of thinking to making sweeping generalizations about peoples and their worth.

At the moment, I don't think there's much good this knowledge can do for us so when it comes to where to spend research money, I think they're probably better off researching something else.

Eh? You honestly don't think this information should impact debates about immigration? All other aspects of immigration aside, this has tremendous impacts on the nation receiving immigrants. Social stratification is a thorny issue as is, but if there is a quantifiable & significant difference in IQ along racial lines within a nation there will be tremendous problems. IQ is not a perfect measurement of intelligence, but it is very useful at predicting, amongst other items, likely income. The practical reality is, then, that any nation home to two racial groups with significant differences in average IQ will experience racial stratification.

Considering that historical precedence shows that racial stratification is tremendously dangerous, it would seem advisable to avoid an immigration policy where it would likely result.