Music Banter - View Single Post - Welcome jayshreddz as our newest moderator!
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2012, 03:13 PM   #117 (permalink)
Freebase Dali
Partying on the inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by tore View Post
I think the lack of control we have over MB is stifling and unfair. We're the ones who use this site, yet we have so little control over it. I know it's irked me for a long time now.

Had it ever seemed possible to do it in a way that keeps the community intact, I would've organized a mass exodus to a new forum a long time ago. I would've asked members to move their journals, reviews or other beloved threads to the new site and delete them here to quickly get content at the new site and hopefully climb the google ranks quicker .. or to move to a forum which has already been around a while so that it's not a no-man's land and an influx of members could be expected in the future.
I still don't think it would be worth risking everything we've built here on the chance that a second site would be just as successful. I think we do a lot here to really open the minds and broaden the horizons of a lot of people and bring them into the fold here because of the exposure this place gets, and this place grows because of it. I don't really have any illusions that an en-mass exodus would gain enough traction at a new site to rival the benefit this one has in the search engines, at least not quick enough for all but a core membership to populate the new one long-term, and it might just get dull enough in that scenario that some core members would become weary from the slowness.
Freebase Dali is offline   Reply With Quote