Music Banter - View Single Post - Welcome jayshreddz as our newest moderator!
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2012, 03:17 PM   #118 (permalink)
GuitarBizarre
D-D-D-D-D-DROP THE BASS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebase Dali View Post
I still don't think it would be worth risking everything we've built here on the chance that a second site would be just as successful. I think we do a lot here to really open the minds and broaden the horizons of a lot of people and bring them into the fold here because of the exposure this place gets, and this place grows because of it. I don't really have any illusions that an en-mass exodus would gain enough traction at a new site to rival the benefit this one has in the search engines, at least not quick enough for all but a core membership to populate the new one long-term, and it might just get dull enough in that scenario that some core members would become weary from the slowness.
Modojo did it, and we only had a core population of a hundred or so members. We were so dead that we had half the number of forums open that MB does, and still weren't as busy, but we had to go somewhere, and we migrated just fine.

THe issue isn't the result, its getting enough people onboard to go elsewhere, so that the rest follow.
GuitarBizarre is offline   Reply With Quote