Music Banter - View Single Post - K-Dot-O-Dot
Thread: K-Dot-O-Dot
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2012, 07:01 PM   #64 (permalink)
Sparky
not really

^^Yeah I've listened to it really like it too but got some have mixed feelings.

It's an extremely vulnerable album. The opening, as you were saying, sounded way too much like my life (making love to myself, alone, with the comfort of the drugs, by myself) people who can accurately articulate things in my life is my sought after aspect in music.

Kdot can say this kinda shit without sounding gimmicky or fishing for easy sympathy, it seems like he kinda relishes in his own self loathing. MF doom is such an obvious example of this, but whatever. kdot is more rock influenced, real miserable kurt cobain imagery, as oppose to doom, with the 50's cartoon superheroes and cult references. Mr.Mutha****ingExxquire is a good current comparison, in terms of lyrical content, not in music.

**BTW its way fucking weird trying to analyze dude now that hes been on here. I liked knowing i was talking to a blank wall now i feel like dude is right there**

It's the most distinct sounding release out of all of them for sure, I wanna say its a concept album in something but i cant entirely put in words what. It has this old western flavor going.

I gotta be honest i don't care for Kdots slow drawled out delivery throughout it, however. At parts, over certain loops it sounds really great, but as a whole its not as engaging. It's the "primacy effect" from psychology, (your opinion on someone is based on first interaction) and i like it when kdot flows faster like he did on trap jesus, which was my introduction. I'm not trying to say it makes this release inferior, it's just doesn't have the same energy.

Has a great voice for acapella, or you know some real spoken word poetry jam **** probably

i only drink when i drive, i only drive when im high
i wonder what the crowd response was like

Last edited by Sparky; 03-27-2012 at 07:41 PM.
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote