Music Banter - View Single Post - Welcome jayshreddz as our newest moderator!
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2012, 01:15 AM   #192 (permalink)
Guybrush
Juicious Maximus III

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
People have been saying this site has been getting worse since I joined 5 years ago.

Personally, I know nobody else cares, but the hip hop forum is thriving better than ever, as well as some genres that never existed on this forum prior. I think this forum is doing pretty good, it's only the people who religiously come on this site every 15 minutes that are bored.
A while back, I wanted to have a front page or something like an online blog/magazine style thing, a bit like I'm trying to do on my own site The Polite Force these days. That way, we could promote the various going-ons on that front page. We could have an index over album reviews that you didn't have to dig through a dusty old forum to find. When people wrote reviews, a summary and a link could be featured on the front page. In addition to featured reviews, there could be other music related articles. We're a lot of writers here.

Guys like TheCellarTapes and, for a short time Comus, had radio shows. Those could have been advertised there and been something for the community to gather around. A better webchat could be easily integrated into the website so that people could chat during the shows.

I'm open to the idea that that we shouldn't have a front page (for whatever reason) so it's not about that, but I'd love for the possibility for MB to develop. Then we could turn this place into an environment that better rewards enthusiasm and makes it more interesting to be a member. When we're productive now, it's despite the fact that it's likely not going to be rewarded like it should. I for one have stopped writing reviews here.