Music Banter - View Single Post - Welcome jayshreddz as our newest moderator!
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2012, 02:05 AM   #200 (permalink)
Guybrush
Juicious Maximus III

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
I post in the music forums quite a bit, and I have never seen you, or most of the mods for that matter. I doubt thats just because my taste is obscure, but because we don't have people who feel like listening to new music, they'd rather shell out their recycled opinions about stuff they're familiar with.
I used to post more on music related topics a while back. I used to run the members compilations, had the prog & fusion album club, had my journal and so on and made a few elaborate official band threads.

Since then, I stepped down as a mod, tried to get my own Canterbury themed site going which has sort of worked (although I never managed to get a proper community going) and instead of doing an album club on these forums, I started one on a mailing list I had with my friends. So most of my music related writings now take place off-site in places where it's generally more rewarding.

For me, it was a conscious decision as MB wasn't able to satisfy my want for writing about music in a way which felt rewarding. That sounds quite bitter, but I'm actually more happy with music writing and the way I use this site these days. F.ex the album club on the mailing list is more fun than trying to do the prog & fusion album club here. I guess all this means that I'm part of the MB decline. But before it came to that, I tried my best and kept going long after it became a chore.

edit :

If my absence from music related going-ons on this site is a slight reduction in the quality of MB, then that itself is an example of the MB environment reducing the quality of the site. I doubt I am the only example of this.

Last edited by Guybrush; 03-28-2012 at 02:11 AM.
Guybrush is offline   Reply With Quote