Music Banter - View Single Post - Welcome jayshreddz as our newest moderator!
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2012, 01:23 PM   #243 (permalink)
GuitarBizarre
D-D-D-D-D-DROP THE BASS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonlitSunshine View Post
I honestly couldn't care less under the circumstances. he has implied that his job here has nothing to do with what is considered here to be the standard moderating role. There is far, far more to the running of a forum than being well-liked, responsible and contributing. Noone here knows anything about him or his qualifications, so as far as I'm concerned he could be far more qualified for his particular role than any of the volunteer mods here.
1 - Nothing stops them telling us. We are an online discussion forum. The entire point of our existence is to be able to talk to each other. We still have no idea what jay's much touted "job" even is. Not even the mods know. Yac probably does, but he's not telling us. Thats unprofessional as far as I see it. I don't know of any company that does stuff like this, with this "half public, half behind-the-scenes" attitude, and the reason for that is because it looks horrible and sows mistrust, even if the job being done is benign. People like to either be told what is going on, or have it done outright, internally, without being bothered by it.

2 - If he was here just to a do a job, and was hired to do so, professional conduct would be a part of that, no? If I hired an employee and they had Jays grammar and attitude towards...everything, I'd be unhappy. Especially if they took that public when their job has nothing to do with anything of that nature. I know people who have been suspended and officially disciplined by their respective employers for less, because their attitudes and statements were bringing the company into disrepute.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
I'll have you know, my ancestors were Kings of Wicklow! We're as Irish as losing a three-nil lead in a must-win fixture!
GuitarBizarre is offline   Reply With Quote