Music Banter - View Single Post - Welcome jayshreddz as our newest moderator!
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2012, 03:22 PM   #265 (permalink)
Guybrush
Juicious Maximus III

Quote:
Originally Posted by SATCHMO View Post
It's not sarcasm at all. If anything it's an indictment of my own ignorance. I kind of had a mini revelation reading your response.
Oh man, I'm sorry for assuming the worst .. and thanks

I think creating the sort of environment which rewards the behaviour we'd generally like to see is the hardest thing to do around here. I've seen some people asking others to participate more in music discussion or in review threads etc. Of course asking doesn't help. One should change the environment so that people do these things without being asked because they themselves want to do it .. or at least change it so that the people who are interested in such going ons notice them.

It's not that hard to do when you have creative and design control over a website, but when all you have to work with are posts and threads (like we do), it's really hard. F.ex I was hoping that the portal/feed thread would generate more participation in album clubs and review threads which in turn would make those who write reviews and work with album clubs feel more rewarded for the work they put in, but I'm not sure it's really helped much.