Music Banter - View Single Post - My guitar dilemma.
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2012, 10:40 PM   #3 (permalink)
Janszoon
Mate, Spawn & Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by blastingas10 View Post
So basically, I think my problem is creativity or the lack of know-how which would enable me to be more creative. I'm a fast learner and I've been told by fellow guitar players that I pick up stuff a lot faster than they do, and theyve been playing a lot longer than I have. I have some friends who have been playing twice as long as I have and I can play just about anything they can. My only real problem is when it comes to creating. I have trouble coming up with my own stuff. I'm no Hendrix, i find it to be very hard to be able to create music without having much knowledge when it comes to the technical side of things. I think learning some theory helps to guide you when it comes to creating your own music.

I need some kind of spark to ignite me into writing my own music. Maybe there isn't one, I don't know. Has anyone ever gone through this sort of thing? Does anyone have any tips or thoughts, maybe some books I could pick up? Im just kinda lost. Any help would be appreciated.
I vote in favor of listening to a wide array of great guitar playing to help get the ideas percolating:

Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote