Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official Radiohead Thread
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2012, 07:55 AM   #3720 (permalink)
Goofle
the worst guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedestrian View Post
I think it's important, especially when confronting an artist with a discography of seven or more albums. Three albums? Meh, not so much. But an artist with a substantial discography needs to make the right impression on anyone for them to persevere through it.

Speaking personally, if I have a poor experience with one of an artist's 15 albums, while I might be open minded to trying the rest, it's definitely not a high priority for me, and may take years for me to get around to giving another shot.

Additionally, I've many artists in my own collection who I'd have loved 5-6 years ago if only I'd started in the right place! 5 years ago I rejected Of Montreal based on a handful of tracks from Skeletal Lamping and Cherry Peel, for instance.
That's different to what I am saying. I think my point was badly put to be honest.

What I mean is, if I listen to OK Computer before The Bends, I am not going to like one or the other any more or less than if I had switched it round.

Yeah, maybe a bad album puts you off, but do you think if you had listened to one of their better records first you would have different feelings towards the album you disliked? Or would you still value it the same way?

I think I would still have the same feelings towards each album no matter which order I play them so as long as you were going to listen to them all anyway, it doesn't really matter which order in my view.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
[youtube]NUmCWGPgU7g[/url]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
[youtube]=LtYg1xz1A00[/youbube]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindfulness View Post
2. What was the strangest/best/worst party you ever went to?
Prolly a party I had with some people I know
Goofle is offline   Reply With Quote