Music Banter - View Single Post - Best Band: 90s Seattle Era.
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2012, 07:44 PM   #338 (permalink)
Travis_Bickle
Music Addict

I’m getting tired of this, what pissed me off were your generalizations “People who listen to AIC are one of these two types who like stadium rock”. By saying this you obviously meant stadium rock was their thing. Me being an AIC fan proves this is false, since I listen to hardly any stadium rock. I also wouldn’t call AIC “stadium rock” in general but don’t care to get into that.

Cross-genre appeal means that people who are into a different genre of music like AIC’s nonetheless. This can be 2 or more genres and no, I don’t think they are popular with hip-hop, jazz etc. fans.
But they don’t need to be. My early example was that there are people into extreme metal genres who often respect them as well as those into alt. rock type bands. Are you aware of how different the sound of say, black metal, is to rock ??
I think this qualifies as having cross genre appeal as the styles are different enough.

I asked about the other bands cross-genre appeal and impact on music on the world as a whole because I'm curious and you seemed to be singling out AIC.
“Formerly no one was allowed to think freely; now it is permitted, but no one is capable of it any more. Now people want to think only what they are supposed to want to think, and this they consider freedom.”
-Oswald Spengler-

Last edited by Travis_Bickle; 03-30-2012 at 07:53 PM.