Music Banter - View Single Post - Great Debate: Are eSports sports?
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2012, 07:22 PM   #45 (permalink)
Key

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarBizarre View Post
Again, no competitive framework for those activities, so they aren't sports. I know i'm sort of singling you out here dude, but come, on, this is like the 4th post where I've said the same thing, can you provide some sort of argument for why eSports aren't sports, rather than listing examples of activities that aren't sports because they lack qualifying aspects that eSports already has?
Well, first I would have to decide what you are defining "sports" as. And I didn't read the whole thread so I don't know if you have done that already.

So, i'll put it this way. If you are talking about the competitive / brain teasing / adrenaline increasing activities type of sports, than yes...I would agree that eSports is considered a sport.

If however you're going by the traditional definition of a sport where people need to be running around inside of a gym or outside and sweating and having aching muscles, than no...I would not count eSports a sport. Same as I wouldn't count competitive gaming a real sport.