Music Banter - View Single Post - Les Paul
Thread: Les Paul
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2012, 12:04 AM   #1 (permalink)
Batman
Whatever, dude

Default Les Paul

I remember starting to read about this guy when I heard he died somewhere a few years ago. The dude's pretty much a legend. He invented the Les Paul guitar with the Gibson company and pioneered a bunch of recording techniques. On top of that, he was a pretty slick guitarist with a neat sound and style that kinda reminds me of some stuff I've heard Wes Montgomery do. But it's very accessible, made more so by the use of nice melodic vocals (courtesy of wife, Mary Ford) and simple song structures. It sounds like they used a chorus affect on the vocals or something and I really like how it sounds. I can't find a tangible recording of their stuff anywhere and it's a habit of mine to start listening to a new artist with something I can hold/smell/gnaw on/etc. Broke muh rool cuz doggonit this ****'s hard to find, even on the almighteh and allknowin interwebz. youtube linx... nao:

My favorite song:

Goes good with a Corona or Rum. Translation: "Go With God". Not big on the whole God hoopla but it's still a lurvly tune:

Yay, class roles implied by creepy subliminal messages. Quite lurvly as well, neverthelesserwesserls:
Batman is offline   Reply With Quote