Music Banter - View Single Post - What Are You listening To V.III Metal!
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2012, 04:10 AM   #535 (permalink)
BastardofYoung
Buzz Killjoy

Yeah, I confess to liking "Haunted" by Six Feet Under. Sure, it was just a lite version of Obituary mostly, and was not that great of an album.... but it has this crappy charm to it, that makes me wanna listen to it whenever I put it on.

Six Feet Under is that band I shouldn't like, but I do... like a b-movie version of Death Metal. Six Feet Under would probably be the Troma of that, or at least the Full Moon Entertainment version.

Either way, I find "Haunted" to be a fun, no brainer kinda album that is just fun to listen to from time to time.

I remember hearing it back in 1995 when some kid in my class handed me a copy and said "this may be more your thing". Fell in love with its hilarity back then, and still find it just as humorous when I hear it now.

If "Haunted" were a movie, it would be the equivalent to "The Room".

Some of my favorites:

Good mid paced Groove influenced Death Metal.

Okay, so they copied [I guess when 2 members of Obituary are in your band, you can say "recycled" instead of "copied] this riff from:

but I still like this one.

and of course:

Still like this one as well, great groove to it.

But yeah, "Haunted" is still fun. In some circles I would be laughed out of the Death Metal club for admitting I find them to be good here, but whatever.

‎"I hope that someday we will be able to put away our fears and prejudices and just laugh at people." - Jack Handey.
BastardofYoung is offline   Reply With Quote