Music Banter - View Single Post - Best Band: 90s Seattle Era.
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2012, 09:23 AM   #352 (permalink)
Unknown Soldier
Horribly Creative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Hatemonger View Post
Well nobody has refuted any of my original claims yet, just moaned about various definition of genres or whatever.
So I'll take that to mean I was correct.
Not really, Alternative Rock is too big an umbrella to be labelled as such. A quick glance at the type of bands and styles that make up alternative rock range from REM, Cure, PIL, Pixies, Smashing Pumpkins, Radiohead, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Jane's Addiction, grunge and Britpop etc. The only thing a lot of these bands had in common, was the DIY ethos, different to the mainstream and usually came from a budding underground scene. For the sake of the thread though, only grunge is being looked at here, so based on that your claims can be refuted. If you're referring though to only AIC here as in post 312 I'd agree to most of the claims that you made minus the stadium rock one.
If you can't deal with the fact that there are 6+ billion people in the world and none of them think exactly the same that's not my problem. Just deal with it yourself or make actual conversation. This isn't a court and I'm not some poet or prophet that needs everything I say to be analytically critiqued.
Metal Wars

Power Metal

Pounding Decibels- A Hard and Heavy History