Music Banter - View Single Post - Metal Wars!!!!!!!!!!!
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2012, 12:25 PM   #1148 (permalink)
Unknown Soldier
Horribly Creative

Sludge Metal Albums of the Early 1990s (James)

James has selected sludge metal for his war, I've jumbled around the order of the choices and any keen-eyed members will know that both the Neurosis and Acid Bath albums have been up before, Neurosis on the old Album Wars thread (was actually selected by me) and the Acid Bath album has been up on the old Metal Wars format. I remember both won as well, in fact the Nuerosis album beat a Melvins one!

James Says:Sludge Metal has always been one of my favourite subgenres personally. That murky, brooding sound satisfies me to no end and the 90s produced some bloody fantastic albums although I shortened the time range to make my choices easier.

Unknown Soldier Says:Likewise sludge metal is favoured metal sub-genre of mine, I'm especially a fan of its pivotal New Orleans scene, but recognize that some of the very best sludge metal bands have come from farther afield, as evidenced by bands such as the Melvins and Neurosis. Sludge metal is still one of the biggest metal genres around today given the popularity of bands such as Mastodon and Baroness etc.

The Albums Selected
Eyehategod - Take as Needed for Pain
Harvey Milk - My Love Is Higher Than Your Assessment of What My Love Could Be
Neurosis - Souls At Zero
Acid Bath - When The Kite String Pops
Melvins - Bullhead
If you can't deal with the fact that there are 6+ billion people in the world and none of them think exactly the same that's not my problem. Just deal with it yourself or make actual conversation. This isn't a court and I'm not some poet or prophet that needs everything I say to be analytically critiqued.
Metal Wars

Power Metal

Pounding Decibels- A Hard and Heavy History

Last edited by Unknown Soldier; 04-01-2012 at 12:37 PM.
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote