Music Banter - View Single Post - Game of Thrones (Song of Ice and Fire) The Fantasy Thread
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2012, 06:15 AM   #25 (permalink)
Unknown Soldier
Horribly Creative

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoathsomePete View Post
Just finished watching the season premiere and I like where the show is headed and how they're going about dealing with budgetary issues. It's kind of hard to say, but I really hope they capture the real sense of a country at war with Arya's journey through the riverlands. As to the changes made, I think they kind of make sense, at least with Theon Greyjoy being the one to give Robb the idea of sending him back to his father. I do fear people who have not read the books may frustrated in an episode or two if some of the major characters that get introduced aren't further fleshed out, like Davos. I did like how they elaborated on the scenes of the Gold Cloaks going after Robert Baratheon's bastards, especially how they found out where Gendry was going because I don't think it was explained in the book.
When most novelizations come to the screen, they quite often leave out certain characters if they feel they can't flesh them out enough to make them worthwhile, I feel Davos would be a perfect example of that.
If you can't deal with the fact that there are 6+ billion people in the world and none of them think exactly the same that's not my problem. Just deal with it yourself or make actual conversation. This isn't a court and I'm not some poet or prophet that needs everything I say to be analytically critiqued.
Metal Wars

Power Metal

Pounding Decibels- A Hard and Heavy History
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote