Music Banter - View Single Post - The Playlist of Life --- Trollheart's resurrected Journal
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2012, 02:30 PM   #1103 (permalink)
Unknown Soldier
Horribly Creative

Page 11 to 18

On these pages are a lot of stuff that I've not heard in donkey's years, stuff like the Bangles, Molly Hatchet and Icehouse, I've probably not heard these albums since the early 1990s and Stevie Nicks we've already discussed. I'm actually revisiting Malmsteen soon, I'm not much of a fan of the virtuoso guitarists doing solo albums, but after finally being impressed with the Michael Schenker debut, I'm gradually revisiting all these types of albums. Also listening to a lot of Kamelot at the moment along with Virgin Steele, these are my two current power metal kicks.

Guess what, I'm finally finding some pages where I don't really like the artist or have never heard of them..........this means I can really speed up.

Ozzy Osbourne- When it comes to Ozzy, I fall into the category that none of his solo stuff falls into the same class as those first 6 Black Sabbath albums. I find his first two solo albums with Randy Rhoads (they seem to be the reason that they are held in such high esteem) to be just good albums, but I never find them worthy of repeated listens.

NWBHM 2- As said part 2 of the NWOBHM, don't you think its amazing of the amount of bands that formed this movement, that a huge amount either came from the West Midlands or the North East!!!

Raven- When I started my NWOBHM thread this was another very popular band, they had bags of raw energy and their debut album cover demonstrated their excessive love of noise,in the song writing dept they weren't the best but that energy!!!

Cloven Hoof- Probably one of the weaker bands of the movement, I've listened to several of their albums over the years and usually foget them, the best thing about this band are their album covers, the band later shifted in a more power metal direction.

Venom- At times hilariously bad and Lemmy summed them up perfectly by saying that they were faking it on stage as they were such bad musicians, their albums sound like the were produced in a back bedroom BUT when something is that bad it can often be good because the songs were there. Whatever anybody thinks of this band, they where probably wholly responsible for the future extreme metal sub-genre that bands like Slayer and Celtic Frost (ooooooh Celtic Frost) would later go onto perfect.
If you can't deal with the fact that there are 6+ billion people in the world and none of them think exactly the same that's not my problem. Just deal with it yourself or make actual conversation. This isn't a court and I'm not some poet or prophet that needs everything I say to be analytically critiqued.
Metal Wars

Power Metal

Pounding Decibels- A Hard and Heavy History
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote