Music Banter - View Single Post - Support War? Support Bush?
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2005, 09:54 AM   #61 (permalink)
TheBig3
killedmyraindog

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamAlejo
I'm just gonna laugh at that last paragraph.
Mod or not, thats savagely arrogant and unneeded, just debate. I'll throw down the gauntlet right now, I'd wager I know more about politics than you (american at least) and the fact that you gloss over huge issues is disgusting.

For one thing "Apologry/reponsibility" is widely regarded as a political sidestep. Political advisors know that once you take "reponsibility" you're basically absolved from the majority of the crime. The public can't ask you to do more than that when relief efforts have obviously already started and you certainly can't go back in time. Reagan did it, Cheaney did it. Its a move, its not genuine.

I'll also say here your either an intentionally-blind zealot, or you just ignore the facts. Nothing about this president is republican, he has been big government all across the board, using the strong arm of the executive branch to impose his own views, which is decidedly against the republican platform which usually calls for small fedaeral government and states rights.

I've watched countless Bush speeches, and because one night I missed it (probably working) and I don't have TiVo, you're going to say I don't know politics. I say you don't know everything from watching one speech.

First of all, don't laugh at what i've said, its a question that was raised to the Louisiana Senator on Lou Dobbs's show (so you can find the broadcast if you find it hard to believe) but then again, you probably saw it, being so involved in politics like you are. And I never said he wasn't going to create programs, I said he repealed a law that required them to be paid the wage they would have recieved normally which is already small on a national level.

Don't skim my responce and then arrogantly chuckle that im an idiot. Read the damn thing, do your research and I think you'll be hard pressed to refute me with actual fact.