Music Banter - View Single Post - Support War? Support Bush?
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2005, 10:19 AM   #63 (permalink)
IamAlejo
Muck Fusic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBig3KilledMyRainDog
I'll throw down the gauntlet right now, I'd wager I know more about politics than you (american at least) and the fact that you gloss over huge issues is disgusting.

For one thing "Apologry/reponsibility" is widely regarded as a political sidestep. Political advisors know that once you take "reponsibility" you're basically absolved from the majority of the crime. The public can't ask you to do more than that when relief efforts have obviously already started and you certainly can't go back in time. Reagan did it, Cheaney did it. Its a move, its not genuine.

I'll also say here your either an intentionally-blind zealot, or you just ignore the facts. Nothing about this president is republican, he has been big government all across the board, using the strong arm of the executive branch to impose his own views, which is decidedly against the republican platform which usually calls for small fedaeral government and states rights.

I've watched countless Bush speeches, and because one night I missed it (probably working) and I don't have TiVo, you're going to say I don't know politics. I say you don't know everything from watching one speech.

First of all, don't laugh at what i've said, its a question that was raised to the Louisiana Senator on Lou Dobbs's show (so you can find the broadcast if you find it hard to believe) but then again, you probably saw it, being so involved in politics like you are. And I never said he wasn't going to create programs, I said he repealed a law that required them to be paid the wage they would have recieved normally which is already small on a national level.

Don't skim my responce and then arrogantly chuckle that im an idiot. Read the damn thing, do your research and I think you'll be hard pressed to refute me with actual fact.
Taking the responsibility for something you are blamed for is often so, but when the overwhelming majority of people interviewed were blaming the Mayor of New Orleans for all the problems, when the President went out of his way to take blame when it was not needed was pretty big, regardless of whether you think it was a "political tool".

Eh, the President has been strongarming with the Executive branch? On what issue other than the war? And more Republican President's, and all President's for that matter, have had less and less with state's rights. When each President (yes, every one) is basically being elected because of promisd tax cuts to "the middle class", these tax cuts are being made, and the Federal Government is just giving less and less money to the states.

And can I ask when that question was asked on that show? Was it before or after the new Presidential speech? Because the proposed works progress program is going to be throwing 100's of billions of dollars towards the Gulf Coast region. And did he veto the law or repeal it? Cause I've never known a President to repeal any law.