Music Banter - View Single Post - anyone here familiar with Hondo guitars?
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2012, 06:32 AM   #5 (permalink)
mr dave
nothing

I owned a Hondo for about 3 months back in the day when I first started playing. I could tell it sucked even as I was struggling to change between G C and D still. At least the price is 'reasonable' though I'd still start my offer closer to $100.

The main thing I remember is how heavy it was. Mine was a different model than the Strat clone in the link but still double cutaway (double humbuckers for sure, maybe even HSH). The main 'feature' was a 1/4 inch of super heavy plexiglass across the top as well as a Floyd Rose bridge and Grover tuners.

A Google search refreshed my memory - it was a Formula 1 model, apparently one of their 'higher quality' models. It was still a piece of crap I never missed for even a millisecond after trading it in for a discount on my Mexican Stratocaster.

If you're into junky / collectable guitars like the old Silvertone and Teisco brands etc. then it might not hurt to pick it up as an addition to your collection, but if you want a unique piece of quality gear I'd definitely keep looking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandteacher1 View Post
I type whicked fast,
mr dave is offline   Reply With Quote