Music Banter - View Single Post - Free will
Thread: Free will
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2012, 11:46 AM   #31 (permalink)
PurpleWolf
Groupie

I have found no reason to believe either and yet reason to believe either or both.
The mind itself is powerful and complex enough to make itself believe whatever it wishes/needs to for whatever reason.
One can find an incalculable amount of reasons to prove anything. In the end it is just another concept, a human creation.
A person can convince theirself that an almighty god created the universe and that same person can believe that demons come out of the shower.
Just the same way you can go to work and come to the conclusion that the person over there is into you and that the boss smokes weed all the time (without asking them or conversing with them).

I have a friend who occasionally dreams of the future. He then forgets it until the event happens where he then knows what will happen and what to do.
I can't prove him wrong or right and yet that is what he believes.

If a person does have free will, what do you do knowing that each decision you make will have subtle rippling effects on other people?
If there is no free will, then what use is it to worry about absolutely anything at all?
PurpleWolf is offline   Reply With Quote