Music Banter - View Single Post - Latest Movie Purchase?
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2012, 06:03 PM   #718 (permalink)
jackhammer
Ba and Be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoathsomePete View Post

Brotherhood of the Wolf (2001)

I've heard a lot of good things about this movie and there's not enough movies with werewolves in them that do martial arts so I'm hoping this movie will fill that niche quite nicely. If nothing else I'm sure it will help me me understand French a bit better.
Brotherhood Of The Wolf is superb. A monster movie/historical romp/martial arts/horror combo and it works brilliantly although the directors cut which adds around 30 mins seriously bogs the film down. I ordered the Canadian 3 disc edition for the extended cut some years back hoping for a better package than the release here (single disc and no extras) but the extended cut means I rarely watch it.

Been after this for a while. Directed by Stuart Gordon (Re-animator, Edmond, Dagon etc) and written by Charlie Higson (U.K comedian/actor - The Fast Show) this is one of those movies that starts off being one film and then completely flips and becomes something else completely. Crime drama meets surrealist horror is probably the best description. A little gem and glad I found it after watching it a couple of years back.

“A cynic by experience, a romantic by inclination and now a hero by necessity.”
jackhammer is offline   Reply With Quote